A Dog-Friendly Adventure to Falmouth
Don’t miss you out on your Cape Cod vacation this season because you are unsure about what to do with your beloved furry friend while you are away. Include all of your loved ones on your adventure, even the ones on four legs!
Falmouth Dog-Friendly Outdoor Activities
- Falmouth Hiking Trails -Falmouth offers numerous dog-friendly hiking trails. Visit the 300 Committee website for detailed trail maps and dog policies.
- Falmouth Dog Park – The dog park welcomes both residents and visitors and is open daily from dawn to dusk, free of charge.
- Falmouth Beaches – Although the Town of Falmouth restricts dogs on its public beaches May 1 through October 1, dogs can run, swim, and enjoy the salty air at a limited number of public areas. Check out The Knob, adjacent to Quissett Harbor in the Woods Hole area, which offers wooded hiking paths and a beach. Falmouth also has several public ponds to provide your dog with a refreshing swim on a hot summer day. Refer to the 300 Committee website for details.
- Steamship Authority – If you are eager for a day trip from Falmouth, hop aboard the Steamship Authority for a ride to Martha’s Vineyard. Pets are welcome on the ferries, free of charge, but are required to remain on leash for the duration of the ride.
Falmouth Pet-friendly Places to Stay
Falmouth offers several pet-friendly hotels. Be sure to check their websites before booking your room to learn about each hotel’s pet policies, including size limits, room charges, etc.
- The Palmer House Inn – The bed and breakfast, located near the Village Green in downtown Falmouth, offers designated rooms for guests with dogs. All rooms are located with close access to the outdoor area. Water and food bowls are available upon request, and the inn even offers your pups doggie treats at the front desk! The inn is located ¼ mile from the hiking trails of Beebe Woods, Salt Pond Marsh trails and the Shining Sea Bikeway. Guests will enjoy the close location to the numerous downtown restaurants with dog-friendly patio seating.
- The Coonamessett Inn – Situated near the downtown area, the inn offers six dog-friendly rooms. Dogs can relax on one of the dog-friendly porches and on a leash in the outdoor common areas.
- Treehouse Lodge – Conveniently located close to the heart of Woods Hole, Treehouse Lodge welcomes small dogs in several rooms. The hotel is close to the bike path and also near Bell Tower Field to run your dog.
- Sea Crest Beach Hotel – This hotel, located in North Falmouth, provides two buildings welcoming pets. Both the nearby Shining Sea Bikeway and adjacent hiking trails offer areas for your pup to enjoy fresh air and get some exercise!
- Woods Hole Inn – The Woods Hole Inn has one pet-friendly room, so if you’re brining your dog on vacation, make sure you book early! The Tisbury room welcomes well-behaved pets with a $50 per day fee and a signed pet release. The room is entered from the exterior of the inn for easy in and out for dog-walkers. The best part– 25% of their pet proceeds go to support pet rescue at Sandy Paws Rescue.
Falmouth Pet-friendly Restaurants
Several restaurants in Falmouth offer dog-friendly patios for your pooch to join you for a meal.
- Añejo Mexican Bistro – Enjoy a margarita alongside one of Anejo’s contemporary Mexican entrees on the dog-friendly outdoor patio, located on Main Street.
- Falmouth Raw Bar – This seafood restaurant serves fresh shellfish, sandwiches, soups and seafood at tables on a dog-friendly outdoor patio overlooking Falmouth Harbor.
- The Black Dog Heights Cafe – This cafe serves up a variety of drinks and delicious meals at their pet-friendly outdoor tables next to Falmouth Harbor.
- Bad Martha Farmer’s Brewery – Located in East Falmouth, Bad Martha’s welcomes dogs at the outdoor tables of their brewery and eatery. Enjoy craft brews, delicious appetizers, and artisan pizzas while listening to live music!
Make this summer the best for you and your pet. Plan a getaway to the Falmouth area and take advantage of all that the town has to offer for you and your canine companion!